This article was originally published on https://itechpursuits.com/iphone-ipad/what-iphone-has-the-biggest-screen-iphone-size-comparison-chart/
In 2007, Apple introduced the original iPhone with a screen size of 3.5-inch. Over the years, a new iPhone usually always comes with a bigger screen. So far then, what iPhone has the biggest screen?
A few years ago, a phone with a 5-inch screen was already considered large. Today however you will almost never find a handset with a screen smaller than that.
In 2018, Apple rocked the world with its iPhone XS max with a humongous 6.5-inch screen. It is today the iPhone with the biggest screen.
- LuluBox App Download Guide for Android
- How to Install Dig in Linux with Command Line Examples – Unixcop
- Best Curved Monitor For MacBook Pro of 2021 – Own The Cart
- Jailbreak any Windows phone running Windows 8/8.1 – 4mobiles.net
iPhone Size Comparison Chart
|iPhone Name||Year Launched||Screen Size|
|iPhone 3G||2008||3.5 inches|
|iPhone 3GS||2009||3.5 inches|
|iPhone 4||2010||3.5 inches|
|iPhone 4S||2011||3.5 inches|
|iPhone 5||2012||4 inches|
|iPhone 5S||2013||4 inches|
|iPhone 5c||2013||4 inches|
|iPhone 6||2014||4.7 inches|
|iPhone 6 Plus||2014||5.5 inches|
|iPhone 6S||2015||4.7 inches|
|iPhone SE||2016||4 inches|
|iPhone 7||2016||4.7 inches|
|iPhone 7 Plus||2016||5.5 inches|
|iPhone 8||2017||4.7 inches|
|iPhone 8 Plus||2017||5.5 inches|
|iPhone X||2017||5.8 inches|
|iPhone XS||2018||5.8 inches|
|iPhone XR||2018||6.1 inches|
|iPhone XS Max||2018||6.5 inches|
iPhone XS Max
The iPhone XS Max as you can clearly see has the biggest screen of all the iPhone models released in 2018 and all previous iPhone models for that matter. With its size, you will need to have some extra space in your purse.
Since 2014, Apple has presented iPhones with different screen sizes. The iPhone XS, XR, and XS Max are not referred to as small, medium and large. Instead, they are often called the large, larger and very large.
The iPhone XS Max comes with a 6.5-inch screen literally hulking over the iPhone XS which has a 5.8 screen and the iPhone XR with a 6.1-inch screen.
Larger phones definitely mean heavier phones. The iPhone XS Max weighs 7.3 ounces, nearly half a pound heavier than the iPhone XS with a 5.8-inch screen. So, the iPhone XS Max is not only the iPhone with the biggest screen but the heaviest, too
The iPhone XS Max comes with an OLED display with 2,688 x 1,242-pixel resolution with 458 pixels per inch pixel density providing sharp pictures.
It features a camera similar to that of the iPhone XS – dual 12-megapixel cameras with ƒ/1.8 aperture wide-angle lens and ƒ/2.4 telephoto aperture. It also comes with 4K video capture.
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Apple says the battery life of the iPhone XS Max lasts 10 hours and 38 minutes, the largest Smartphone battery ever from Apple. That is 1 ½ longer than the battery life of the iPhone X and 30 minutes more than the battery life of the iPhone XS.
- Talk time: Up to 25 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 65 hours
- Video playback: Up to 15 hours
- Internet use: Up to 13 hours
Up to 50% charge in 30 minutes10. Charges with an 18W adapter or higher
Other specs of the iPhone XS Max include:
- Software: iOS 12
- Processor: Apple A12 Bionic
- Storage : 64GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Connector: Lightning
- Special Features: Animoji
- Dual-SIM capabilities (e-SIM and nano-SIM)
- Face ID
- Wireless charging
- IP68 Water-resistant
Apple launched the iPhone XS Max believing that when it comes to iPhones, bigger is always better. While the iPhone XS Max is the iPhone with the biggest screen, you will rarely feel that it is too big in the hand.
The iPhone XS Max comes with the same size as the iPhone 8 Plus with a 5.5-inch screen. With the iPhone XS Max, Apple got rid of the bezel which is the border between the frame of the phone and the screen to accommodate the bigger screen.
Pros and Cons of Big iPhone Screen
The iPhone XS Max has its own pros and cons in so far as its big screen is concerned.
- It is more enjoyable to play games and watch movies on a bigger screen.
- It is easier to see all the details of a particular feature.
- Photos and videos look so much better on a bigger screen.
- It is easier to read with a bigger screen because you will not need to scroll down as often.
- Social media apps look better, especially FaceBook and Instagram because you can see images in larger formats allowing you to notice certain details you would not have noticed in a smaller screen.
- It is easier to get work done because everything is well-spaced.
- iPhones with bigger screens starting with 6.5-inch are a potential replacement to tablets. Apple’s smallest tablet, the iPad mini 5 is 7.9 inches.
- To provide crisp and clear pictures, iPhones with bigger screens need higher resolutions, (QHD and above). This means an increase in the use of the battery. A bigger screen without a higher resolution will display an inferior image.
- Battery life is usually shorter for phones with bigger screens.
- It can be a struggle to reach the top of the screen with only one hand.
- Too big for women. In 2018, Apple was criticized by feminists who said the iPhones, because of the bigger screens, are now too big for women to hold with one hand. They also said it has caused many women to Repetitive Strain Injury.
- Bigger screen sizes mean an increase in the physical form factor. Many iPhone users though get use to it.
The very reason Apple, as well as other Smartphone manufacturers, keep launching phones with bigger screens is simply because they are selling well. Most people definitely prefer bigger phones. This can be compared to the fact that most people prefer big-screened TVs.
- 7 Interesting Things You Should Explore on Mac | EIBIK.COM
- IMESSAGE FOR ANDROID: HOW TO GET IMESSAGE FOR ANDROID 2020.
- How to control your Mac music from Apple Watch
- How to Record Screen of iPhone on phone Itself – My Mobile Tips
- Sylenth1 VST Free Setup (32+64-bit) [Win+Mac]
What iPhone has the biggest screen? As of today, it is the iPhone XS Max with a 6.5-inch screen. Rumors are circulating though, that in 2020, Apple is set to launch the iPhone 11 with an even bigger screen at almost 7 inches.
If you were asked to make a choice, which would you prefer, an iPhone with a smaller or one with a bigger screen? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section.